Sunday, September 5, 2010

Monday August 2nd

On this particular day we (and Grandma Linda) did a bunch of stuff…hiked part way up Beacon Rock, went to the Bonneville Dam and fish ladders, ate at Charburger, saw big sturgeon and fed fish at the fish hatchery, and went to Multnomah falls. Whew, I’m tired just remembering it!

2010-08-02 001

Here is the view at the bottom of Beacon Rock.

2010-08-02 008

And the view as we were hiking up it.

2010-08-02 011

Ahhh, pretty :)

2010-08-02 012

We weren’t planning to go very far up at all. (With the kids and steep drop offs and such.) But Alex and Erik were going to go a little farther…and then Adam wanted to go too. So I told Adam we could keep going if he held my hand all the time.

2010-08-02 016

After a little while we did turn around…see perilous path pictured below! It would have been neat to get to the top, but Adam is a little too unpredictable for that. (Okay a lot too unpredictable.) Tyler was in the baby backpack, so he was fine.

2010-08-02 017

2010-08-02 018

After various other activities mentioned earlier, we ended up at Multnomah falls.

2010-08-02 025

2010-08-02 020

2010-08-02 027

After going up to the falls, we stopped on the way down to put our feet in the water. Me, Erik, and Adam that is. Erik walked in all the way to his chest and was obviously totally soaked.  Not quite what I had in mind, but he had so much fun. Definitely his favorite part of the day. Adam was also very wet, but not quite as wet as Erik. Adam had been totally grouchy right before this, but the water fixed his mood very effectively! I didn’t take any pictures of that because I was in the water too…ah water, I do love water :)

I took them out of their wet clothes in the car and we drove home with Erik in wet underwear and Adam in a pull-up. Nobody really minded, it was worth it to get wet!

2010-08-02 023

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is so beautiful!! What a nice family trip. Your boys are so handsome! If I have a boy this round I hope he is cute as yours.

Josh and Claudia Tieman said...

That is so pretty! looks like you guys had fun! I never realized how much Adam looks like his dad!