Friday, December 23, 2011

Captain America shields

2011-12-21 012

Adam has been wanting a Captain America shield the past few weeks. We still have lots of thick cardboard from the stable building project, so on Monday I got the idea to try and make a shield out of cardboard for Adam. This started out as a project I was doing with the kids…but soon I realized it was too hard to cut the thick cardboard with a knife or scissors, so we needed Alex’s help. When Alex got home he mostly took over the project, but I am glad he did because the shields turned out great, and I was getting a bit frustrated with the project by then anyways.

2011-12-21 016

Amazingly Alex had silver, sparkly blue, red, and white paint left over from other things. Plus the shiny clear top coat to cover it all.  I was just going to use the kids’ red and blue tempera paints on a white poster board background, glued to the cardboard – but clearly this project got kicked up to a much more “polished” level by Daddy. We could have used these for Christmas presents if we had kept them a secret, but that’s okay. I didn’t plan ahead enough for that idea. I love how they turned out and so do the boys! Thank you Daddy :) Adam hardly ever put his shield down yesterday!

2011-12-23 012

And Tyler has a little shield made from a paper plate too! I made this one all by myself, thank you very much - impressive I know ;)

In other news, here’s what the boys were doing this afternoon:

2011-12-23 001

2011-12-23 003

2011-12-23 007

2011-12-23 008

2011-12-23 009

Happy day before Christmas Eve!

No comments: