Monday, March 23, 2009

Sonora Desert Museum Revisited

And it came to pass that we took of our family and sojourned in the wilderness at the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum. And we commanded our children to dig in the earth. (Editorial note: this is Alex typing here. Dawn is trying to prohibit me from putting this in. Pay no attention to her. I am hijacking this post.)

Isn't this one just so amazingly adorable. Dawn took this one. Scroll down to find the one that I took. It's better!

Dawn never puts up pictures of herself. I took this one without her being ready for it, and what do you know, it turned out nice. I win!

It should be noted in this picture, as well as any others where Adam is bent over with the little brush, that he is flinging sand behind him at a relatively high velocity. Caution!

Here is evidence of my damaged hand. Yes it hurts. Yes I'm on Vicadin. Yes, I shouldn't have gone to the museum with a damaged hand. I payed for it on Sunday.

Eureka! Erik discovered a fake dinosaur bone!

Here is the cuter picture. Wouldn't you agree? Freakin adorable! Even the other kid in the picture is in awe of his adorableness. ("What on earth" says Dawn.)

All of these pictures were taken with my new camera. It's a Canon powershot SX110 IS. It takes really good pictures without the need of a flash and even takes good pictures through plexiglass and netting.

This picture was really hard to get. I didn't even notice the hummingbird until I saw a woman trying to get a picture of it. She said she couldn't focus on the bird. my first couple shots we no good too until I figured out how to force the camera to focus on the bird and not the branches.

Anyone for some frog legs? I found this really good deal.

I like bobcats. The one on the left especially reminds me of my cats growing up. They were 25% bobcat. This picture was another hard one to get because of the lighting.

Dude that otter has a big tail!

One more thing. Even with a busted up left hand i can still type WAY faster than Dawn! I win!



Here's a video of the boys "digging" for dinosaur bones. Adam is furiously flinging sand with the brush, and you can hear him saying "brush, brush, brush, brush..."


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beth says: wonderful pictures and great sense of humor. I am laughing and laughing, which is very healthy for me. Almost as good as a visit! Love, Grandma Beth

Unknown said...

Alex,
How do like the SX110IS,
David has a SD880IS, which he likes a lot. I think I'll buy a Cannon camera before the summer.

Dave