Saturday, June 19, 2010

Oops

Last week I made some spaghetti. I went to put cheese on it for Erik and I opened the “dump” side of the plastic top instead of the “sprinkle” side. This is what happened:

2010-06-12 001

Oops!

Here is the really funny part…Erik had been all upset and crying because he didn’t want to eat any spaghetti. After the cheese accident he was all excited and in a much better mood. I scooped off a lot of the cheese, (until I could see spaghetti peaking through in spots, but I didn’t want to keep scooping and contaminate the rescued cheese to much with the tomato sauce underneath). But Erik was still left with a lot of cheese. He happily ate his spaghetti and cheese…I mean his CHEESE and spaghetti :)

Adam saw all the cheese and wanted some. He ate lots of “cheese balls”…aka – the clumped up balls of parmesan from the rescued cheese. He would line them up on his plate and count them before digging in.

It turned out to be a pretty good dinner in the kids eyes. They were both much happier I’m sure than they would have been if I hadn’t spilled half the parmesan onto Erik’s spaghetti! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha! I love the "cheese balls"--they're my favorite part :)