Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sneaky mischief and a good sleeper

2011-05-13 002

Tyler got caught red handed in some mischief the other day.

It’s funny how careful he is to make sure each blanket is unfolded “enough.” Meticulous mischief, hehe.

2011-05-14 001

The next day he set a new recorded for sleeping the longest ever. About 18 hours!

2011-05-14 005

Erik made him this baby “merit badge” to commemorate the accomplishment. When Adam asked for one, Erik said no, because Tyler earned it! I mean come on ...we can't just be giving out merit badges willy nilly here...

2011-05-14 007

Tyler liked it, and he was very happy and busy after his long sleep!

2011-05-14 010

2011-05-14 013

He has made sure to get in his fair share of playing with Adam’s new birthday toys. Can’t let those big brothers have all the fun ;)

2011-05-11 074 (2)

Speaking of birthday toys…Adam has made up a fun game with his airplanes. The orange one is a snow airplane…so it went to the North Pole to look for Santa. Then I asked where he thought Santa might be? Adam answered, that he was in the red airplane! So now the red one is officially the Santa airplane, and he and the orange jet like to have fun at the North Pole together (the North Pole is located on our very light blue pillow  - that looks like snow of course!) Adam keeps asking me to play this game with him. I get to be the orange jet and he is the Santa airplane. When he asks me to play he says, “Will you play nicely with me?” I guess that’s how he perceives the difference between how I play with him – “nicely” and how Erik plays with him – with explosions and typical little boy drama and disasters.

While I was writing this, Tyler saw the picture of the airplanes so he went and got six of them and put them on the desk next to me!

2011-05-17 001

And he brought his merit badge over earlier when he saw the picture of that. Too cute…wait I take that back…as we speak he is getting the blankets out again (see mischief portion of this post.) Art imitates life…life imitates art…I think we are going around in circles here.

2011-05-17 002

2011-05-17 010

Okay…he’s still cute, what can I say?

No comments: